An exciting new children’s Sunday school series is set to begin January 31 and continue on the last Sunday of each month through March. Using the Cokesbury Deep Blue Faith and Culture Curriculum on Anti-Racism, there will be 3 classes via ZOOM.
Prejudice & Stereotypes January 31 9:30-10:15 am
Curiosity & Empathy February 28 9:30-10:15 am
Colors & Cultures March 28 9:30-10:15 am
Contact Lisa Rogers email@example.com for more information.
Join Pastor Joe & Joel Toledo at 9:15 am on Sunday, March 22
to make, bake, and eat pretzels.
Following Worship on Sunday, October 27, First Church celebrated the season with an all-church lunch and games and Trick-or-Treating. The children raised over $300 for the Nature Conservancy. Earlier this year, the church school also adopted Two Turtles!!
To prepare for Confirmation, these nine young people gathered each Sunday throughout the year to study the Bible, learn about the Methodist tradition ,and have open discussions about what it means to be a United Methodist Christian in the world today.
Confirmation Teachers Kathy Hansen, Pete Meyer, Ruth Zervas, Chris Ladd along with Pastor Joe and Lisa Rogers are gratefully acknowledged for their dedication to and their love and support of our Confirmands. After a Celebration Breakfast on Sunday, May 12, the Rite of Confirmation was held during the 10:30 am Worship Service.
We proudly welcome our newest members into First Church:
- Isabella Rose Bjerkan mentored by Christine Janes
- Rowan James Clark mentored by Jason Janes
- Edward Scott Cooke mentored by Jason Janes
- Paige Arbor Detzler mentored by Chris Mertz
- Maggie Lynn Ejma mentored by Beth Valdez
- Haley Camille Hindsley mentored by Beth Valdez
- Wyatt Andrew Kennedy mentored by Steve Strauss
- Thomas Moxley Schroeder mentored by Steve Strauss
- Claire Catherine Vincent mentored by Ann Gills
The Children’s Sunday School volunteered in our Clothing Center on March 17. They helped fold, sort, and hang up donated clothes to be ready for our Clothing Center guests.