First Church is staffing the FMSC site in Aurora from 2:00-4:00pm on Saturday, February 23. Volunteers will include children, youth, and adults.
First Church is proud to volunteer for this one-of-a-kind experience. We’ll be hand-packing rice, soy, and dried vegetables which will be sealed, boxed, and shipped to reach the neediest children around the world.
After a short hiatus during restoration work on our lower level, the FIRST CHURCH CLOTHING CENTER is again accepting donations. Thank you for your forbearance during February and your continuing support of this ministry. We will look forward to receiving your generous gifts of gently used clothing, shoes, coats, household goods, bedding, toys, and/or books.
HOW TO DROP OFF YOUR DONATIONS:
- Go to Church Office Entrance in North parking lot (between First Church and Immaculate Conception).
- Look for single Red Door
- Take donations down half/flight of stairs to collection area
- Pick up a Donation Letter
The CLOTHING CENTER is open on the First Thursday of each month from 9-11:00 in the morning and from 7-9:00 in the evening and on the Third Saturday of the month from 9-11:00 am.
If you have questions, please contact the Church Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, October 28, 11:30am – 1:00pm
COME FOR LUNCH in Wesley Hall. Feast on Sandwiches, Chips, Veggies, & Yummy Fall-Themed Desserts
COST is $5/each or $20/family
BRING lots of Nickels, Dimes, and Quarters. Empty your Piggy Banks or Scrape up your Spare Change for
The Children of First Church will be Trick-or-Treating to help Detained Immigrant Children. Money collected will be donated to the
Halloween Attire is Enthusiastically Encouraged!!
A Beautiful Sunday for a Cookout
- The Youth Group’s Cookout for a Cause on September 23 was a great success. Thanks to the hard work of our young people and the support of our congregation, $709 was raised for Bridge Communities. And everyone enjoyed the barbecue on the church lawn.
- NOTE: The next First Church event to support Bridge Communities will be Sleep Out Saturday on November 3, 2018. The goal is to raise a total of $1500.
If you missed the Cookout, you can donate directly to Bridge Communities on the Elmhurst First United Methodist Church Youth Group page. Here’s the Link:
Refugees arrive with hardly anything. And a Chicago Winter is almost upon us. Let’s give them a Warm Welcome.
Refugees come in all shapes and sizes.
New & gently used outerwear (infant through adult) will be collected by First Church through October 14.
Boots ~ Winter Coats ~ Hats ~ Gloves ~ Mittens ~ Winter Socks
All will be gladly accepted.
Please bring items to the marked bins in Wesley Hall from September 30 – October 14.
Winter ware will be delivered to Refugee One in Chicago on October 20.
For more information please go to: