In accordance with CDC and IDHP guidance, First United Methodist Church of Elmhurst establishes the following policy on 6.21.21. Elmhurst Montessori will be following guidance from the State of Illinois.
First Church is open
for in-person meetings
Signups & registrations
are no longer required.
- If you are fully vaccinated, masks are optional.
- If you are not vaccinated or near an unvaccinated guest (i.e. a child), masks are recommended.
- If you are not feeling well, consider staying at home, but if you do come to First Church, please wear a mask and keep socially distanced.
Sunday Morning Worship
- The doors will be open for the 10:30 am In-Person Worship Service.
- The Service will continue to be Live-Streamed on Facebook.
- Holy Communion will be served without a common cup until further notice.
- Socially distanced seating will be available upon request.
First Church is pleased to welcome Rev. Stricker to the pulpit on March 14 for the Lenten sermon series Real Faith in Hard Times
Deacon Stricker graduated from Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary in 2009 and has been in full-time ministry since 2010, serving in Christian Education and administration in Evanston and Chicago in the Presbyterian Church (USA) and the United Methodist Church. In 2015, she was ordained a Deacon in full connection in the Northern Illinois Conference to ministries of word, service, compassion and justice. She is involved in Native American ministries in the Northern Illinois conference, serves on the conference Board of Ordained Ministry, and is the co-chair of the Northern Illinois Order of Deacons. As part of her ministry, Adrienne preaches throughout the conference, contributes to writing projects and curriculum throughout the United Methodist connection, and teaches about Native American theology. She lives in Addison with her husband, Jonathan.
we will address
helping our neighbors who are suffering
— by using our faith understandings
from our rich theological tradition.
- If you have every journeyed with a loved one or friend through terminal illness, divorce or other suffering, this series is for you.
- If you want to spiritually prepare yourself for such a journey, this series is for you.
This series is inspired by Frederick Schmidt’s book, The Dave Test: A Raw Look at Real Faith in Hard Times. He holds the Rueben P. Job Chair in Spiritual Formation at Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary in Evanston, Illinois.
Dates, Topics, & Scriptures
- February 21 Letting Go of False Gods (Genesis 9:8-17; Mark 1:9-15)
- February 28 Understanding the Incarnation of God (Genesis 17:1-7; Mark 8:31-38)
- March 7 Acknowledging Our Mortality (1 Corinthians 1:18-25; John 2:13-22)
- March 14 Finding God in Desolation (Numbers 21:4-9; John 3:14-21)
- March 21 Affirming Biblical Values (Jeremiah 31:31-34; John 12:20-33)
Post Sermon Discussions
Pastor Johnson invites you to join post-sermon discussions on ZOOM over these 5 weeks. To determine a preferred meeting day & time, please complete the following on: survey
You can celebrate All-Church Communion at Home
Drive-Through * Pick-Up * No-Contact
Let Us Break Bread Together
The sacraments — which have been blessed by Pastor Joe — are individually wrapped and sealed, complete with juice and wafer. Look for a bin on a small table under the portico outside the North entrance to the church. Containers of hand sanitizer will also be on the table.
- Drive-up any time during the pick-up days (see dates below)
- Sanitize your hands,
- Take as many individually wrapped pieces as needed for your family,
- Replace the lid.
- Simple as that.
- Take your sacraments home.
- Set them out as you prepare for the virtual service at 10:30 am.
- Click on First Church on Facebook
- Share in the bread and the cup with Pastor Joe during Communion.
Communion Pick-Up Dates
for Service of Holy Communion on December 6
Tuesday December 1 10 am to 10 pm
Friday December 4 10 am to 10 pm
Saturday December 5 10 am to 6 pm