First Church believes that all children are a special blessing from God and that, as a church family, it is our responsibility to do all that we can to increase their faith, confirm their hope, and encourage them in love.
Our programs on Sunday mornings and other special events expose children to Biblical truths in order to help them become the people that God created them to be.
We strive to provide encouragement and support to our families with children from infancy through senior high school as we work together to help them seek opportunities to serve God and their neighbors in the world.
Nursery care is available for infants and toddlers during all worship services and the Church School hour.
Church School is held Sundays from 9:15-10:10 a.m. for ages 3 through 12th grade. There is no summer Church School.
Family Ministry Events
Events for our Family Ministry and 4th/5th Grade Programs during the year have included
- Movie Nights
- Food Pantry Shopping
- Assisting with PADS (Public Action to Deliver Shelter) weekend homeless shelter
- Baking cookies for mission fundraiser
- Trick or Treat for a special mission project
- Lenten programs
- Acolyte program for 4th and 5th graders at 10:25 a.m. worship
- Bible Presentation to 3rd graders