First Church celebrates the seasons of the liturgical year:
- Advent is the beginning of the church year. There are four Sundays in Advent prior to the celebration of Christmas.
- The Christmas Season lasts 12 days until Epiphany which is January 6. The Season After The Epiphany begins January 7 and continues until Ash Wednesday.
- Lent begins with an evening worship service on Ash Wednesday which is 40 days before Easter. The Holy Week before Easter begins with Palm Sunday and includes a Maundy Thursday and a Good Friday evening worship service.
- Easter Sunday heralds the Easter Season – also known as the Great Fifty Days – which includes the seven Sundays after Easter. The eighth Sunday brings us to Pentecost.
- The remainder of the church year is in the Season After Pentecost and ends on Christ the King Sunday at the end of November.