First Church celebrates the seasons of the liturgical year:
- Advent is the beginning of the church year. There are four Sundays in Advent prior to the celebration of Christmas.
- The Christmas Season lasts 12 days until Epiphany which is January 6. The Season After The Epiphany begins January 7 and continues until Ash Wednesday.
- Lent begins with an evening worship service on Ash Wednesday which is 40 days before Easter. The Holy Week before Easter begins with Palm Sunday and may include Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunrise worship services.
- Easter Sunday heralds the Easter Season — also known as the Great Fifty Days — which includes the seven Sundays after Easter. The eighth Sunday brings us to Pentecost.
- The remainder of the church year is in the Season After Pentecost and ends on Christ the King Sunday at the end of November.